Look around you…
The world is transforming at a rapid pace! Be it the field of science, technology, economic or political scenario – changes are taking place faster than one can even imagine!
So, how can one keep pace?
1. Accept that Change is a Certainty – Being rigid or fixated is not an option.
This is especially necessary for students (and their families too) setting off on their journey for an international education.
2. Acceptance leads to Strength – Once one is receptive to the idea of change, one is able to face it in a strong and positive manner, rather than being perturbed by it.
Mental strength will be your biggest ally abroad – keeping you prepared for challenges, as and when they come up!
3. Think differently - Don’t expect things to be the same. Neither the challenges nor the solutions will be ones that you have rehearsed or practised.
Try to think of solutions that pertain to the circumstances around you. Be determined not to let anything hold you back from your dreams.
4. Be firm – in terms of not compromising on your values and ethics. That will hold you in good stead.
There will be situations where you are in a fix or need to compromise. It may seem the ‘Normal thing” to do. Yet, you will need to stay strong and bold.
5. Seek help – There is no harm in asking for help from the people around you, when you are in a fix.
Approach your batchmates, seniors, university staff, local guardians – whoever it may be – don’t hesitate.
In Eckhart Tolle’s words, ‘If you find here and now intolerable, you have options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally
Wishing you success in your journey called life.